Football’s world governing body, FIFA, has confirmed the departure of its Chief Operating Officer, Kevin Lamour, bringing an abrupt end to the tenure of one of President Gianni Infantino’s former close associates.
In a statement issued on Monday, FIFA said Lamour’s working relationship with the organisation officially ended on August 17, 2026.
“FIFA can confirm that the working relationship between FIFA and Kevin Lamour as FIFA’s chief operating officer has ended on 17 August 2026,” a FIFA spokesperson said.
“FIFA thanks Kevin for his two years of service and wishes him the best of luck for the future. No further comment will be made on the matter.”
Lamour joined FIFA’s senior leadership team in November 2024, having previously worked on Infantino’s successful campaign for the FIFA presidency in 2016.
His departure comes amid reported internal disagreements over a proposed new commercial entity that would have included some of FIFA’s most valuable assets, including rights connected to the World Cup and other major tournaments.
The proposed subsidiary was reportedly valued at around $20 billion, with plans to sell up to a 20 per cent stake to private equity investors in a deal expected to raise approximately $4.2 billion.
Lamour emerged as one of the most prominent internal critics of the proposal, reportedly accusing FIFA officials of misleading staff and suggesting that the project was being driven by the interests of a single individual.
“Our mission is to serve football, not to serve the personal interests of a person who, unfortunately, believes he embodies FIFA when he is supposed to be at its service,” Lamour was quoted as saying.
His criticism followed the resignation of Carlos Cordeiro, a senior adviser to Infantino, who also opposed the proposed commercial structure and reportedly described it as “a bad deal for football”.
Infantino subsequently withdrew the proposal.
Lamour’s exit marks another significant development within FIFA’s leadership, coming after weeks of reported internal tensions over the organisation’s commercial future and the management of some of football’s most lucrative assets.

0 Comments
DISCLAIMER
The views and opinions expressed on this platform as comments were freely made by each person under his or her own volition or responsibility and were neither suggested nor dictated by the owners of News PLATFORM or any of their contracted staff. So we take no liability whatsoever for such comments.
Please take note!