Fury and Joshua had agreed to meet in November, with Madison Square Garden in New York reportedly emerging as a potential venue for the highly anticipated bout.
However, speaking in a social media video on Friday, Fury said negotiations had stalled over demands for more money from Joshua’s representatives.
“It doesn’t look like they’re going to sign the fight. It doesn’t look like it’s going to happen,” Fury said, blaming the situation on Matchroom Boxing and its chairman, Eddie Hearn.
Fury claimed he had been willing to fight in England, Ireland or the United States and said he was primarily interested in making the bout happen.
“I’ve bent over backwards to make this fight happen,” he said. “I’m not interested where the fight is, I just want the fight. I’m match fit, I’m ready to rock and roll.”
The former heavyweight champion warned that he could seek another opponent for November if an agreement with Joshua cannot be reached.
“If you [Joshua] don’t want to get it on, I’ll fight somebody else in November,” Fury added.
Negotiations Continue
Matchroom Boxing CEO Frank Smith had earlier described the current period as a “critical week” for negotiations but remained optimistic that an agreement could be reached.
Smith said the original terms called for the fight to take place in the UK, although Madison Square Garden had since emerged as a proposed alternative.
“It will be disappointing for it not to be in the UK, but at the same time if it means seeing the fight, we all want to see that fight happen,” Smith told Sky Sports.
He added that November remained a possibility, but significant progress would need to be made within the next seven to 10 days to allow both fighters enough time to prepare for a dedicated training camp.
Fury’s manager, Spencer Brown, also expressed concern over the delay in finalising the fight.
“Everybody’s got a bit of doubt in their mind,” Brown said, adding that the lack of progress had become “a little bit concerning.”
“We need to get this fight on,” he said.
Fury and Joshua have previously failed to agree terms for a potential bout. Their 2021 plans collapsed after a US judge ordered Fury to honour his contractual obligation to face Deontay Wilder in a trilogy fight.
With negotiations still ongoing, uncertainty now surrounds whether the long-awaited all-British heavyweight showdown will take place in November.

0 Comments
DISCLAIMER
The views and opinions expressed on this platform as comments were freely made by each person under his or her own volition or responsibility and were neither suggested nor dictated by the owners of News PLATFORM or any of their contracted staff. So we take no liability whatsoever for such comments.
Please take note!